Before travelling to China, you will need to apply for a travel visa.

  • This can be done at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) in Edinburgh, or by post.
  • There are also centers available in Manchester and London, if you live in England.
  • On the CVASC website, you will find everything you need to apply for a visa.

Website resources:

  • Online application form (for printing)
  • Book an appointment to submit your application
  • Check the status of your application
  • Easy-to-access information on how and what you'll need to submit

Additional documentation:

  • You will need to submit a passport-sized photograph with your application. You may be asked to stick it to the application form, so bring glue.
  • Depending on the type of visa you apply for, you may need to submit a physical examination record with your application. This needs to be filled out by a doctor before you submit your application. To determine which visa you need to apply for, see the Step-by-Step guidance section, accessible from the home page.